Browsing and use of the services available via the website www.dammann.fr and all its sub-domains may lead to users communicating their personal data to Dammann Frères.
Already committed to personal data protection, Dammann Frères has submitted declaration no. 1909967 to the CNIL (French Data Protection Authority) in respect of its website.
All personal data are processed and collected by Dammann Frères, as the data controller, in accordance with Article 5 of the General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679, GDPR). They are thus:
- - processed lawfully, fairly and transparently as regards the data subject;
- - collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner incompatible with those purposes;
- - adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary as regards the purposes for which they are processed;
- - accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate with regard to the purposes for which they are processed are erased or rectified without delay;
- - stored in a form permitting identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary as regards the purposes for which the personal data are processed;
- - processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection from unauthorised or unlawful processing and from accidental loss, destruction or damage.
The data controller guarantees the integrity and the confidentiality of the data it collects.
In accordance with the regulation, personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation are not collected.
1 rue de Réveillon
SIRET registration number: RCS Chartres B 451 570 519 00053
EU VAT number: FR63451570519
What personal data do we collect?
To create an account on our websites, sign up for our newsletter, make an online purchase or contact our Customer Service team, you will be asked to provide certain information to us. Some of it is required – indicated by an asterisk (*) – and some is optional, depending on the purpose of the data collection:
- - Your identifying information: full name, email address, telephone number(s), postal address(es), and the username and password used to log into your online account;
- - Data about your visits to and browsing history on our website: your traffic data, order list and wish list, IP address, the date you registered on the site, the language used, your most recent login, shopping cart, messages, notification emails, number of visits and location (mostly recorded by cookies);
- - Data on your use of social media: when you use the relevant associated functions;
- - Your payment method(s): when you make an online purchase. Your purchase order, invoice and delivery slip contain your full name, shipping and billing addresses and payment method.
Personal data relating to minors: without the prior agreement of a child’s parents or legal guardians, we will neither collect nor process the personal data of any minor under the age of 15. If data concerning children under 15 should be collected, their parents or legal guardians may object by writing to us at one of the following addresses:
- - Post: Dammann Frères, 1 rue de Réveillon, CS 97001, 28109 Dreux, France;
- - Email: comite.RGPD@dammann.fr.
How are your data collected?
- - Direct collection: when you fill out a form to create your account, sign up for our newsletter or use the contact form on our website;
- - Through discussions by telephone or email;
- - Using your IP address, an identification number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider. Each time you visit our website, our servers record the time you spent on it;
- - By means of cookies. You can learn more by reading our Cookies Policy, available here.
Use of the social media functions at your disposal gives Dammann Frères access to certain data: your username, profile image and account information on the social media in question, as per the latter’s general terms and conditions of use.
Why do we collect your data?
- - To create your account and so you can make online purchases;
- - To manage our business relationship, execute our sales agreement, manage your orders, fulfil a service agreement, make deliveries, send invoices and receipts, process payments and returns, and handle complaints;
- - To manage your subscription to our newsletter, strictly with your agreement;
- - To provide personalised customer care;
- - To manage any outstanding debt or disputes;
- - To detect fraud;
- - To improve our offers, products and customer service;
- - To conduct statistical studies;
- - To manage the exercise of your rights;
- - To analyse our websites’ traffic and data in order to improve the user experience.
Where do we store your data?
The data we collect are stored with OVH, our service provider, whose head office is located at 2 rue Kellermann, BP 80157, 59053 Roubais Cedex, France.
Who can access and process your data?
Our service providers (subcontractors, banks and other service providers) can view and process the personal data collected as required for the services they provide. They are all bound by non-disclosure agreements.
We accept two online payment methods: by bank card and by PayPal. We do not have access to your card numbers or login information. All payment transactions are securedby means of the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol. The information transmitted is software-encrypted and cannot be read while transiting over the network.
Dammann Frères does not sell or rent the personal data it collects, either for marketing purposes or to third parties for their own business uses.
How do we protect your data?
Your data are stored on secure servers protected by firewalls and antivirus programmes.
We cannot be held responsible for non-compliance with privacy settings: for example, if you share your login information with a third party in order to access your account with us.
If you suspect your account has been hacked, please contact our Customer Service.
How long do we keep your data?
According to CNIL Simplified Standard No. 48:
- - “Customer records: customers’ personal data are stored for the period of time required for the business relationship. They may then be kept for canvassing purposes for no more than three years from the end of that business relationship”;
- - “Prospect records: prospects’ personal data may be stored for three years from the date of their collection by the controller or from the date of the last contact initiated by the prospect”.
What are your rights and how do you exercise them?
Pursuant to the provisions of the applicable personal data protection regulation, you have the right to information about how your personal data are being used, as well as the right to access and rectify your personal data. You may exercise these rights at any time.
Right of access and information:
You have the right to request information about your personal data in our possession. You have the right to be informed of how your personal data are being processed.
Right to portability:
When we process your personal data, you have the right to have a copy of your personal data transferred to your and/or to another party in a structured, commonly used and secure format, for your own personal use or to then share them with the party or parties of your choice.
You can download a copy of the personal data you provided on our website, via your account, by clicking on the PDF or CSV button.
Right to rectification:
You have the right to request the rectification of your personal data if they are inaccurate and/or incomplete. If you have an account with Dammann Frères, you can edit your personal data yourself on your account pages on our website. You can also make this request via our contact form.
Right to erasure:
You have the right, at any time, to erase any personal data processed by Dammann Frères, except for legal or otherwise legitimate reasons such as an ongoing claim with our Customer Service or Quality Department, or an order currently being prepared.
Right to restriction of processing:
In certain cases, you can restrict the processing of your personal data.
You have the right, at any time, to request the erasure of any personal data processed by Dammann Frères, except for legal or otherwise legitimate reasons such as an ongoing claim with our Customer Service or Quality Department, or an order currently being prepared.
You have a legal right to define instructions on what to do with your data in the event of your death.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the CNIL, the French data protection authority, whose contact information is available on its website (https://www.cnil.fr/en).
- - Send a letter to us: Dammann Frères, 1 rue de Réveillon, CS 97001, 28109 Dreux Cedex, France;
- - Use our contact form: https://www.dammann.fr/en/contact-us;
- - Email us: comite.RGPD@dammann.fr.
However, pursuant to Article 12(6) of the GDPR, if you wish to exercise your rights, Dammann Frères reserves the right to ask for proof of your identity. The personal data used to verify your identity will be deleted once your request has been fulfilled.
We have 30 days in which to respond to any request to exercise your rights.
Last updated on: 15/07/2019