APPLE CAKE WITH SALTED BUTTER CARAMEL TEA INFUSION
- 400 ml of water at 90° C.
- ‘Oolong Caramel au Beurre salé’ tea 75g / 2.64oz
- 2 apples (type Belle de Boskoop or Jonagold)
- ½ tsp salt bloom
- 10 g/0.35oz baking powder
- 150g /5.29oz all-purpose flour
- 150g /5.29oz sugar
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 150g /5.29oz fresh butter at room temperature
Peel and cut apples into eight.
Infuse tea for 5 minutes at 90 ° C. then pour the tea infusion through a strainer over the apples.
Let macerate the apples in the tea infusion for 15 minutes.
Drain the apples.
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 20cm-round cake pan with baking paper.
Meanwhile the apple maceration, prepare your cake dough:
Mix sugar and butter, then add eggs, flour and baking powder.
Pour the cake batter evenly into a pan and arrange the infused apples in pieces on top pushing them down gently into the batter.